Sentences for Nod, Sentences with Nod Meaning and Synonym Words
- Lower and raise one’s head slightly and briefly, especially in greeting, assent, or understanding, or to give someone a signal.(verb)
- Have one’s head fall forward when drowsy or asleep.(verb)
- An act of nodding the head.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
incline, bob, bow, dip, wag, duck, signal, indication, sign, cue,
Example Sentences with nod
- Jessica nodded kindly.
- Alex and Mary nodded to each other kindly.
- A nod is a sign of agreement.
- Next time you have to hand something in, just tell me. I can proofread it or whatever.” I nod, but I know I won’t. If he’s being nice enough to offer, I should be nice enough to never do it.
- I nodded, looking at Rachel with respect. “You hit the Lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush.
- A nod from a lord is a breakfast for a fool.
- Alex nodded affirmatively.