Sentences for Set, Sentences with Set Meaning and Synonym Words
- Put, lay, or stand (something) in a specified place or position.(verb)
- Put or bring into a specified state.(verb)
- Adjust (a clock or watch), typically to show the right time.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
put, place, put down, lay, lay down, deposit, position, settle, station, start, begin, activate, institute, initiate, launch, get under way, get going, get in operation, get functioning, get working, get off the ground, get the ball rolling, set the ball rolling, start the ball rolling, adjust, regulate, synchronize, coordinate, harmonize, solidify, harden, become solid, become hard, stiffen, thicken, gel, go down, sink, decline, descend, drop, subside,
Example Sentences with set
- The group plans to set up an import business.
- It took us half an hour to set up the tent.
- He’ll set up a meeting with someone you absolutely trust.
- Don’t set the dogs loose.
- The two sides agreed to set up a commission to investigate claims.
- The sun is about to set.
- Look at the setting sun.
- If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.
- It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.
- Who designed the sets for the play?
- The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
- I’ve set up a meeting.
- We set about organizing a party.
- We set forth at noon.
- We will set off next week.