Sentences for Opposite, Sentences with Opposite Meaning and Synonym Words
- In a position on the other side of a specific area from; facing.(preposition)
- (of a leading actor) in a complementary role to (another)(preposition)
- A person or thing that is totally different from or the reverse of someone or something else.(noun)
reverse, converse, antithesis, contrary, inverse, obverse, contradiction, facing, face to face with, across from, conflicting, contrasting, incompatible, irreconcilable, inconsistent, antithetical, converse, contradictory, clashing, contrary, at variance, at odds, different, differing, divergent, dissimilar, unlike, unalike, disagreeing, opposed, opposing, poles apart, polar, obverse,
Example Sentences with opposite
- Love is the voice under all silences, the hope which has no opposite in fear; the strength so strong mere force is feebleness: the truth more first than sun, more last than star…
- The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.
- I thought once that gods are the opposite of death, but I see now they are more dead than anything, for they are unchanging, and can hold nothing in their hands.
- Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it’s a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it’s a way of making contact with someone else’s imagination after a day that’s all too real.
- My technique is don’t believe anything. If you believe in something, you are automatically precluded from believing its opposite.
- The dynamic verb is the opposite of a static verb.
- They’re total opposites.
- Alex and his brother are completely opposite.
- They went in opposite directions.