Sentences for Race, Sentences with Race Meaning and Synonym Words
- Compete with another or others to see who is fastest at covering a set course or achieving an objective.(verb)
- Move or progress swiftly or at full speed.(verb)
- A competition between runners, horses, vehicles, boats, etc., to see which is the fastest in covering a set course.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
compete, take part in a race, run, contend, hurry, dash, run, rush, sprint, bolt, dart, gallop, career, charge, shoot, hurtle, hare, bound, fly, speed, zoom, go hell for leather, pound, streak, scurry, scuttle, scamper, scramble, make haste, hasten, lose no time, spank along, really move, contest, competition, channel, waterway, watercourse, conduit, sluice, spillway, aqueduct,
Example Sentences with race
- Even though she ran very fast, she lost the race.
- If I were in better shape, I would run in the race.
- She was brave and won the race.
- I had already won the race and she fought me in vain.
- We have to be good to win the race.
- The human race has only one really effective weapon and that is laughter.
- Alex bet $500 on the race.
- I’ll race you to the bus stop.
- The trouble with being in the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat.
- Do you seriously want to race me?
- Steve went to the horse races once last summer.
- We are a race of artists. What are we doing about it?
- The winner of the race held her trophy up for all to see.