Sentences for Regret, Sentences with Regret Meaning and Synonym Words
- Feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity)(transitive verb)
- A feeling of sadness, repentance, or disappointment over something that has happened or been done.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
be sorry about, feel contrite about, feel apologetic about, feel remorse about, feel remorse for, be remorseful about, rue, repent, repent of, feel repentant about, be regretful about, be regretful at, have a conscience about, blame oneself for, sadness, sorrow, disappointment, dismay, unhappiness, dejection, lamentation, grief, mourning, mournfulness,
Example Sentences with regret
- Bones mend. Regret stays with you forever.
- Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.
- To regret one’s own experiences is to arrest one’s own development.
- I had been old and stern for so long, carved with regrets and years like a monolith. But that was only a shape I had been poured into. I did not have to keep it.
- I regret to say that we have to confiscate your bike.
- But sooner or later you would regret having consecrated your love to me, for you do not know my soul.
- Don’t do something you’ll regret.
- Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.
- We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past.