Sentences for Remain, Sentences with Remain Meaning and Synonym Words
- Continue to exist, especially after other similar or related people or things have ceased to exist.(intransitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
continue to exist, endure, last, abide, go on, carry on, persist, hang in the air, stay around, stay round, stand, be extant, hold out, prevail, survive, live on,
Example Sentences with remain
- Despite all his setbacks, he remains an optimist.
- Alex remained behind.
- He always remained poor.
- She remained awake until yesterday morning.
- My sister remained single her whole life.
- They remain hopeful that Alex will recover.
- I prefer to remain seated.
- Samuel remained unmarried all his life.
- We remain hopeful that her father will recover.
- In spite of all his setbacks, he remains an optimist.
- Please remain seated for a few minutes.
- Whales can remain submerged for a long time.
- One repays a teacher badly if one always remains nothing but a pupil.
- It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.