Sentences for Resist, Sentences with Resist Meaning and Synonym Words
- Withstand the action or effect of.(transitive verb)
- Refrain from doing or having (something tempting or unwise)(transitive verb)
- A resistant substance applied as a coating to protect a surface during some process, for example to prevent dye or glaze adhering.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
withstand, be proof against, hold out against, combat, counter, refrain from, abstain from, keep from, forbear from, desist from, forgo, avoid,
Example Sentences with resist
- You still resist using that laptop even after two years.
- We came up against massive popular resistance.
- Antifragility is beyond resilience or robustness. The resilient resists shocks and stays the same; the antifragile gets better.
- These plants are resistant to weed killers.
- How is it more for the glory of God to save man irresistibly, than to save him as a free agent, by such grace as he may either concur or resist?
- I couldn’t resist the urge to applaud.
- Water does not resist. Water flows. When you plunge your hand into it, all you feel is a caress.
- Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.