Sentences for Shy, Sentences with Shy Meaning and Synonym Words
- (especially of a horse) start suddenly aside in fright at an object, noise, or movement.(intransitive verb)
- A sudden startled movement, especially of a frightened horse.(noun)
- Being reserved or having or showing nervousness or timidity in the company of other people.(adjective)
wince, start, shy, shy away, recoil, shrink, pull back, back away, shy away, draw back, withdraw, blench, cringe, squirm, quiver, shudder, shiver, tremble, quake, shake, quail, cower, waver, falter, hesitate, get cold feet, blanch, bashful, diffident, timid, sheepish, reserved, reticent, introverted, retiring, self-effacing, shrinking, withdrawn, timorous, mousy, fearful, apprehensive, nervous, hesitant, reluctant, doubting, insecure, wary, suspicious, chary, unconfident, inhibited, constrained, repressed, self-conscious, embarrassed, coy, demure, abashed, modest, humble, meek,
Example Sentences with shy
- Once bitten, twice shy.
- My sister is a very shy girl.
- The student was shy at the beginning.
- Anderson is one of the school’s shy students.
- He was a quiet, shy man.
- He was too shy to speak to her.
- My sister glanced shyly at him.
- My son is a shy and lonely boy.
- You’re shy, aren’t you?
- I think we all have blocks between us and the best version of ourselves, whether it’s shyness, insecurity, anxiety, whether it’s a physical block, and the story of a person overcoming that block to their best self. It’s truly inspiring because I think all of us are engaged in that every day.