Sentences for Slay, Sentences with Slay Meaning and Synonym Words
- Kill (a person or animal) in a violent way.(verb)
- Greatly impress or amuse (someone)(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
murder, killing, homicide, putting to death, execution, butchery, slaughter, massacre, assassination, dispatch, destruction, extermination, make an impression on, have an impact on, influence, affect, leave a mark on, move, stir, rouse, excite, inspire, galvanize,
Example Sentences with slay
- Anyone can slay a dragon …but try waking up every morning and loving the world all over again. That’s what takes a real hero.
- Clocks slay time… time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life.
- Tell me what I must slay, what I must steal, tell me the riddle I must solve or the hag I must trick. Only tell me the way, and I will do it, no matter the danger, no matter the hardship, no matter the cost.
- Marveling at his own boldness, he said softly, “I would enter your sleep if I could, and guard you there, and slay the thing that hounds you, as I would if it had the courage to face me in fair daylight. But I cannot come in unless you dream of me.