Sentences for Slide, Sentences with Slide Meaning and Synonym Words
- Move along a smooth surface while maintaining continuous contact with it.(verb)
- A structure with a smooth sloping surface for children to slide down.(noun)
- An act of moving along a smooth surface while maintaining continuous contact with it.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
glide, move smoothly, slip, slither, skim, skate, glissade, coast, plane, water slide, slide, flume, log flume, hydroslide, fall, decline, drop, slump, tumble, downturn, downswing,
Example Sentences with slide
- The roads snowed all night on the rocks, watch out that your car may slide.
- You can slide the front seats forward.
- The EURO continued to slide.
- Would you please slide the van door open?
- If death is this brilliant slide, this high, fine music felt as pure vibration, this plunging float in wind and silence, it’s not so bad.
- One by one, drops fell from her eyes like they were on an assembly line – gather, fall, slide…gather, fall, slide…each one commemorating something she had lost.