Sentences for Tough, Sentences with Tough Meaning and Synonym Words
- Endure a period of hardship or difficulty.(verb)
- A rough and violent person, especially a gangster or criminal.(noun)
- (of a substance or object) strong enough to withstand adverse conditions or rough or careless handling.(adjective)
put up with it, grin and bear it, keep at it, keep going, stay with it, see it through, see it through to the end, ruffian, rowdy, thug, hoodlum, hooligan, brute, bully, bully boy, rough, gangster, desperado, durable, strong, resilient, resistant, sturdy, rugged, firm, solid, substantial, sound, stout, indestructible, unbreakable, hard, rigid, stiff, inflexible, toughened, resilient, strong, hardy, gritty, determined, resolute, dogged, stalwart, strict, stern, severe, hard, harsh, firm, hard-hitting, adamant, inflexible, unyielding, unbending, uncompromising, unsentimental, unsympathetic, rough, rowdy, unruly, disorderly, violent, wild, lawless, lawbreaking, criminal,
Example Sentences with tough
- People in tough times – it doesn’t mean they don’t have a great attitude.
- I am obsessed with beauty. I want everything to be perfect, and of course it isn’t. And that’s a tough place to be because you’re never satisfied.
- In fact, the best thing we could do on taxes for all Americans is to simplify the individual tax code. This will be a tough job, but members of both parties have expressed an interest in doing this, and I am prepared to join them.
- I was just so lucky to have a wonderful life after a tough marriage.
- I don’t know what makes a marriage work. My husband and I don’t have it right at all it’s very tough on him. From the outside it looks like it’s all about me – I have a glorious career and he doesn’t.
- In a broken marriage, it can be challenging and tough to get that work/life balance. I love performing but I also love being a mum, and I hate having to choose between them.
- My parents’ long and happy marriage was a great ideal to live up to, but a tough one.
- Marriage, even the best marriages are tough.