Cross Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Cross V1 V2 V3
- Go or extend across or to the other side of (a path, road, stretch of water, or area)(transitive verb)
- Pass in an opposite or different direction; intersect.(transitive verb)
- Draw a line or lines across; mark with a cross.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
travel across, go across, cut across, make one’s way across, traverse, range over, tramp over, wander over, intersect, meet, join, connect, criss-cross, interweave, intertwine, oppose, resist, defy, thwart, frustrate, foil, obstruct, impede, hinder, hamper, block, check, deny, contradict, argue with, quarrel with, crucifix, rood, hybrid, hybridization, cross-breed, mixed breed, half-breed, half blood, mixture, amalgam, blend, combination, composite, conglomerate, angry, annoyed, irate, irritated, in a bad mood, peeved, vexed, upset, irked, piqued, out of humour, put out, displeased, galled, resentful,
Example Sentences with cross
- Steve crossed the immense pacific on a raft.
- When crossing a river in bright moonlight, I love to see the water scatter in showers of crystal beneath the oxen’s feet.
- How marvelous books are, crossing worlds and centuries, defeating ignorance and, finally, cruel time itself.
- Be alert when you cross a busy street!
- I have noticed that even those who assert that everything is predestined and that we can change nothing about it still look both ways before they cross the street.
- Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain.
- No one can construct for you the bridge upon which precisely you must cross the stream of life, no one but you yourself alone.
- Jesus himself did not try to convert the two thieves on the cross; he waited until one of them turned to him.
- I crossed the street.
- We quickly crossed the river.
- The car crashed as he was slowly crossing the street.
- I crossed the river by boat.
- She helped an old man cross the road.
- The cars stopped as the little boy crossed the street.
- I helped the old man cross the street.
- Steve sat in the chair with her legs crossed.
- It crosses my mind that Cinna’s calm and normal demeanor masks a complete madman.
- I’ll just cross that bridge when I come to it.
- In truth, there was only one christian and he died on the cross.
- You can be Han Solo,” he said, kissing her throat. “And I’ll be Boba Fett. I’ll cross the sky for you.
- If a black cat crosses your path, it signifies that the animal is going somewhere.