Cut Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Cut V1 V2 V3
- Make an opening, incision, or wound in (something) with a sharp-edged tool or object.(transitive verb)
- Divide into pieces with a knife or other sharp implement.(transitive verb)
- Make or form (something) by using a sharp tool to remove material.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
gash, slash, lacerate, slit, pierce, penetrate, wound, injure, chop, cut up, slice, dice, cube, mince, form, fashion, make, create, mould, model, cast, frame, sculpt, sculpture, block, trim, snip, clip, crop, bob, barber, shear, shave, reduce, cut back on, cut down on, decrease, lessen, retrench, diminish, trim, prune, slim down, ease up on, discontinue, break off, suspend, interrupt, cross, intersect, bisect, make impure, degrade, debase, spoil, taint, defile, contaminate, pollute, foul, sully, snub, ignore, shun, give someone the cold shoulder, cold-shoulder, turn one’s back on, cut dead, look right through, pretend not to see, blow, slash, stroke, gash, slash, laceration, incision, slit, wound, injury, insult, slight, affront, slap in the face, jibe, barb, cutting remark, shaft, style, design,
Example Sentences with cut
- It was the truth. He was a friend, albeit one she would cut out her heart for.
- He cut the advertisement out of the newspaper.
- We were greeted by a cute waitress.
- I’m cutting my trip short.
- Dogs with short legs are so cute.
- Samuel cut his finger and it’s bleeding pretty badly.
- He cut off two meters of the rope.
- Mother cut the cheese with a knife.
- The Government will cut back on defense spending.
- When you cut in on our conversation, we were talking.
- If I cut across the field, it’ll save time.
- There are two engines. One of them cut out yesterday.
- We need to cut costs.
- The boy cut the tree with a saw.
- She wouldn’t have cut it if it wasn’t for the saw.
- It came to us after cutting it with a saw.
- If you cut your hand, it bleeds.
- You made me cut and dye my hair.
- The cut will heal up in a few days.
- My grandfather told me that he had a big surprise because it was my birthday, but he could not stop his excitement and explained what the surprise was this evening, my grandfather bought me a little white cute dog.
- We swabbed ourselves in it to disinfect cuts or heal chapped lips.
- I cut off his fingers to get him to talk, and when he’d confessed everything I wanted to hear, I had his fucking tongue cut out, and the stump cauterized.