ignore Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of ignore V1 V2 V3
- Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
disregard, take no notice of, pay no attention to, pay no heed to, pass over, shut one’s eyes to, be oblivious to, turn a blind eye to, turn a deaf ear to, brush aside, shrug off, push aside, never mind,
Example Sentences with ignore
- He ignored her all day.
- Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests on a secure foundation: our almost unlimited ability to ignore our ignorance.
- Too far-fetched to believe, too obvious to ignore.
- Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
- People have a habit of inventing fictions they will believe wholeheartedly in order to ignore the truth they cannot accept.
- I understand what you’re saying, and your comments are valuable, but I’m gonna ignore your advice.
- The scholar dedicated himself to his extended search. Nonetheless, he used to ignore his family and friends.
- In the industrialization and competitiveness of developing countries technological talent accumulation and learning cannot be ignored.
- Never ignore a gut feeling, but never believe that it’s enough.
- Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that’s no reason not to give it.
- I decided that if I could paint that flower in a huge scale, you could not ignore its beauty.
- If I felt, in the event of a royal wedding, inspired to write about people coming together in marriage or civil partnership, I would just be grateful to have an idea for the poem. And if I didn’t, I’d ignore it.
- Men of ill judgment ignore the good that lies within their hands, till they have lost it.
- If there’s specific resistance to women making movies, I just choose to ignore that as an obstacle for two reasons: I can’t change my gender, and I refuse to stop making movies.
- Parents were invented to make children happy by giving them something to ignore.
- The aspects of patriotism that hush dissent, encourage going along, and sanction comfortable distancing and compliance with what is indecent and unacceptable… those aspects are too fundamental to ignore or gloss over.
- To insure peace of mind ignore the rules and regulations.
- It has been, after all, 11 years, more than a decade now, of defiance of U.N. resolutions by Saddam Hussein. Every obligation that he signed onto after the Gulf War, so that he would not be a threat to peace and security, he has ignored and flaunted.
- Peace is a never ending process… It cannot ignore our differences or overlook our common interests. It requires us to work and live together.
- Swim upstream. Go the other way. Ignore the conventional wisdom.
- It isn’t possible to love and part. You will wish that it was. You can transmute love, ignore it, muddle it, but you can never pull it out of you.