Sentences for Compel, Sentences with Compel Meaning and Synonym Words
- Force or oblige (someone) to do something.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
force, coerce into, pressurize into, pressure, impel, drive, press, push, urge, prevail on,
Example Sentences with compel
- I was compelled to do the work alone.
- Alex felt compelled to speak.
- This compelled me to stay another week.
- A good book … leaves you wanting to reread the book. A great book compels you to reread your own soul.
- I hate vulgar realism in literature. The man who would call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one.
- Alex and I were compelled to put off our departure.
- Charity, if you have the means, is a personal choice, but charity which is expected or compelled is simply a polite word for slavery.