Sentences for Curb, Sentences with Curb Meaning and Synonym Words
- Restrain or keep in check.(transitive verb)
- Lead (a dog being walked) near the curb to urinate or defecate, in order to avoid soiling buildings, sidewalks, etc.(transitive verb)
- A stone or concrete edging to a street or path.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
restrain, hold back, keep back, hold in, repress, suppress, fight back, bite back, keep in check, check, control, keep under control, rein in, keep a tight rein on, contain, discipline, govern, bridle, tame, subdue, stifle, smother, swallow, choke back, muzzle, silence, muffle, strangle, gag,
Example Sentences with curb
- You don’t need a search warrant to go through someone’s trash. Seriously. Once it hits the curb it is totally fair game-you an look it up.
- …I have noticed that when things happen in one’s imaginings, they never happen in one’s life, so I am curbing myself.
- We can’t all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.