Sentences for Delay, Sentences with Delay Meaning and Synonym Words
- Make (someone or something) late or slow.(transitive verb)
- A period of time by which something is late or postponed.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
detain, hold up, make late, retard, keep, keep back, slow up, slow down, set back, bog down, hold-up, wait, waiting period, detainment,
Example Sentences with delay
- I was delayed by a traffic jam.
- They delayed buying a new car.
- Perhaps the train has been delayed.
- My friend was late to the meeting and I similarly was delayed.
- She’ll be late if the train is delayed.
- The train service was delayed.
- The flight was delayed due to heavy rain.
- The train service was delayed because the bridge was destroyed.
- Samuel’s flight was delayed.