Sentences for insult, Sentences with insult Meaning and Synonym Words
- Speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.(transitive verb)
- A disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or action.(noun)
- An event or occurrence that causes damage to a tissue or organ.(noun)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
offend, cause offence to, give offence to, affront, abuse, be rude to, call someone names, slight, disparage, discredit, libel, slander, malign, defame, denigrate, cast aspersions on, impugn, slur, revile, calumniate, abusive remark, jibe, affront, slight, snub, barb, slur, backhanded compliment, injury, libel, slander, defamation, abuse, disparagement, depreciation, impugnment, revilement, humiliation, indignity, insolence, rudeness,
Example Sentences with insult
- Do you actually want to insult me?
- In spite of being insulted, he managed to keep his temper.
- Do not compare yourself to others. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.