Sentences for Pay, Sentences with Pay Meaning and Synonym Words
- Give (someone) money that is due for work done, goods received, or a debt incurred.(verb)
- Suffer a loss or other misfortune as a consequence of an action.(verb)
- Give or bestow (attention, respect, or a compliment) on (someone)(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
reward, reimburse, recompense, give payment to, settle up with, remunerate, tip, indemnify, suffer, suffer the consequences, be punished, pay a penalty, atone, make atonement, pay the price, get one’s deserts, take one’s medicine, bestow, present, grant, give, hand out, extend, offer, proffer, render, afford, salary, wages, wage, take-home pay, gross pay, net pay, payment,
Example Sentences with pay
- We objected to her paying the bill.
- You must pay what you owe us.
- We pay Alex well.
- They pay Samuel well.
- I got a big pay raise.
- I promise I’ll pay you back.
- How will he pay his debts?
- Worrying is like paying a debt you don’t owe.
- A Lannister always pays his debts.
- How will we pay our debts now?
- If the affluent cannot afford hope, you cannot expect the destitute to pay for desperation.
- You have to pay in advance.
- Do I need to pay in advance?
- Our company pays badly.
- I want to pay for this meal.
- I can’t pay Alex.
- They must pay taxes.