Sentences for Seize, Sentences with Seize Meaning and Synonym Words
- Take hold of suddenly and forcibly.(verb)
- Take (an opportunity or initiative) eagerly and decisively.(verb)
- (of a feeling or pain) affect (someone) suddenly or acutely.(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
grab, grasp, snatch, seize hold of, grab hold of, take hold of, lay hold of, lay hands on, lay one’s hands on, get one’s hands on, take a grip of, grip, clutch, take, pluck, stick, become stuck, catch, seize, seize up, become immobilized, become unable to move, become fixed, become wedged, become lodged, become trapped,
Example Sentences with seize
- I was often seized by despair.
- Thousands upon thousands of them. Let’s take each moment, seize it and wring it dry.
- What the imagination seizes as beauty must be truth.
- Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.
- In the seventies, a group of American artists seized the means not of production but of reproduction. They tore apart visual culture at a time of no money, no market, and no one paying attention except other artists. Vietnam and Watergate had happened everything in America was being questioned.