Sentences for Short, Sentences with Short Meaning and Synonym Words
- Short-circuit or cause to short-circuit.(verb)
- Sell (stocks or other securities or commodities) in advance of acquiring them, with the aim of making a profit when the price falls.(verb)
- A drink of spirits served in a small measure.(noun)
small, little, tiny, minuscule, brief, momentary, temporary, short-lived, impermanent, short-term, cursory, fleeting, passing, fugitive, flying, lightning, transitory, transient, ephemeral, evanescent, fading, quick, meteoric, concise, brief, succinct, to the point, compact, terse, curt, summary, economical, crisp, short and sweet, pithy, epigrammatic, laconic, pointed, thumbnail, abridged, abbreviated, condensed, synoptic, compendious, summarized, contracted, curtailed, truncated, curt, sharp, abrupt, blunt, brusque, terse, offhand, gruff, ungracious, graceless, surly, snappy, testy, tart, rude, discourteous, uncivil, impolite, ill-mannered, bad-mannered, crumbly, crispy, crisp, brittle, friable,
Example Sentences with short
- Let’s make this short.
- Alex’s now short of money.
- I’ll try to keep it short.
- She has short blonde hair.
- I’m going to take a short break.
- Dogs with short legs are so cute.
- We had a short holiday in February.
- When Alex was little, he was a short boy.
- I’m too short to reach the top shelf.
- Our lesson will begin after a short break.
- Mother told a short story to her daughter.
- Never forget that life’s too short.
- Steve was too short to reach the top shelf.
- I am too short to reach the top shelf.
- Oil is running short.
- The store is within a short drive.
- Samuel played shortstop.
- Where both reason and experience fall short, there occurs a vacuum that can be filled by faith.