Sentences for Subtle, Sentences with Subtle Meaning and Synonym Words
- (especially of a change or distinction) so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe.(adjective)
fine, fine-drawn, ultra-fine, nice, overnice, minute, precise, narrow, tenuous,
Example Sentences with subtle
- If you have an important point to make, don’t try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time – a tremendous whack.
- She said that “There are subtle differences between the two pictures.”
- The conversation of kisses. Subtle, engrossing, fearless, transforming. (Alice Munro)
- Is that your subtle way of saying you missed me last week?
- God is subtle but he is not malicious. (Albert Einstein)
- In short: I felt my existence was tainted, in some subtle but essential way. (Donna Tartt)
- A subtle thought that is in error may yet give rise to fruitful inquiry that can establish truths of great value.
- It is not so much for its beauty that the forest makes a claim upon men’s hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air that emanation from old trees, that so wonderfully changes and renews a weary spirit.