Sentences for Tap, Sentences with Tap Meaning and Synonym Words
- Draw liquid through the tap or spout of (a cask, barrel, or other container)(transitive verb)
- Exploit or draw a supply from (a resource)(transitive verb)
- Connect a device to (a telephone) so that conversation can be listened to secretly.(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
draw liquid from, drain, bleed, milk, draw on, exploit, milk, make use of, put to use, use, utilize, open up, mine, turn to account, listen in on, listen in to, wiretap, eavesdrop on, spy on, monitor, overhear, valve, spout, stopcock, cock, spile, listening device, wiretap, wire, bug, bugging device, hidden microphone, receiver,
Example Sentences with tap
- And that was that. You don’t get to rewind your life like a tape and splice it back together, pretending it never knotted and tore, when it did and you know it did.
- The teacher tapped on the window.
- My mother drank from the tap.
- Alex tapped me on the shoulder.
- The main tap is turned off.
- Steve found out that his phone had been tapped.
- George tapped me on the shoulder.
- Jessica tapped the box with her forefinger.
- I learned to tap dance when I was a young girl.
- Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.
- Let’s listen to the tape.
- Did you tape that concert?
- You can keep this tape until tomorrow.