Fill Verb 1 2 3, Past and Past Participle Form Tense of Fill V1 V2 V3
- Cause (a space or container) to become full or almost full.(transitive verb)
- Become an overwhelming presence in; pervade.(transitive verb)
- Appoint a person to hold (a vacant post)(transitive verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
|Verb – es(Ves)||Verb – ing(Ving)|
become full, make full, fill up, fill to the brim, fill to overflowing, charge, load, load up, pack, pervade, spread through, spread throughout, permeate, suffuse, be diffused through, diffuse through, imbue, penetrate, pass through, infuse, perfuse, extend throughout, be disseminated through, flow through, run through, saturate, impregnate, enough, sufficient, plenty, ample, as much as necessary, all one wants, a sufficiency, an abundance, as much as one can take, more than enough,
Example Sentences with fill
- Even the greatest feats of man lose their luster when one’s head is filled with storm clouds.
- Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.
- People give pain, are callous and insensitive, empty and cruel…but place heals the hurt, soothes the outrage, fills the terrible vacuum that these human beings make.
- I filled in the blanks.
- Please fill out this form.
- I’m filling in for Frank again.
- Samuel filled the box with food.
- Frank filled the bucket to the top.
- My son’s briefcase was filled with water.
- The girl had gained enough weight to fill out the bodice completely.
- Who will fill in for John when he is away?
- I’ll fill you in sometime.
- She read books as one would breathe air, to fill up and live.
- I filled the pail with water.
- We’ll fill you in on the way.
- I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.
- We need to fill up at the next gas station.
- Could you fill it up and take a look at the oil, too?
- I filled up the vase with water.
- Steve filled up the hole in the wall.
- Jack filled up the bottle with cold water.
- Steve had to fill out lots of forms.
- Would you please fill out this form?
- I helped George fill out the application form.
- Jack needed to fill out lots of forms.
- Be sure to fill out the registration form in person.
- Pam filled out an application.
- Please fill out this form first.
- Please help me fill out this form.
- Frank is filling out a ballot.