Phrasal Verbs READ, Definition and Example Sentences
Read for sth
Meaning: to read, looking especially for something, such as errors, clarity, etc…
- The teacher read her students’s essay for spelling and grammer errors.
- If writers hire an assistant to read for the mistakes, this is better fort hem.
Meaning: to read something quickly from the beginning to the end
- Hirers should read over the contract before signing it.
- The teacher read each student exam paper over.
Meaning: to believe that an action, remark, or situation has a particular importance or meaning
- That sentence means exactly what it says. Don’t try to read anything else into it.
- We are not reading too much into your comments.
Read sth back
Meaning: to read some information back or again to the person who has just given it.
- Could you read back my son’s letter to me.
- My friend asked me to read back what I’d written.