Sentences for Lay, Sentences with Lay Meaning and Synonym Words
- Put down, especially gently or carefully.(verb)
- Put down and set in position for use.(verb)
- Used with an abstract noun so that the phrase formed has the same meaning as the verb related to the noun used, e.g., “lay the blame on” means ‘to blame’(verb)
|Verb(V1)||Past Tense(V2)||Past Participle(V3)|
put, place, set, put down, set down, deposit, rest, situate, sit, settle, stow, balance, station, drop, leave, let fall, throw down, fling down, deploy, locate, position, assign, attribute, ascribe, allocate, allot, impute, attach, impose, fix, produce,
Example Sentences with lay
- Behold the field in which I grow my fucks. Lay thine eyes upon it and see that it is barren.
- My mother lay down on the bed.
- Alex lay awake all night.
- Did you ever lay out plans for stitching babies and stray cats into a Perfect New Human?
- She lay on the bed.
- My brother lay down on the bed and waited for his father to come.
- Steve’s dog lay down.
- Alex lay down on the bed.
- I lay down to rest.
- George lay down on the grass.